Associate Professor, Software Engineering
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Fenn College of Engineering
Ph.D., The Ohio State University, Columbus OH, USA, 2004
M.S., The Ohio State University, Columbus OH, USA, 2000
M.Sc.(Tech.), Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani, India, 1997
The goal of my research is to investigate ways to integrate sound and trustworthy software engineering techniques in the context of programming sensor network applications. The primary theme of my contributions to the field of software engineering and sensor networks is to make sensor network application development accessible to non-specialists. As such, my aim is to lower the barrier for entry for scientists and researchers outside the field of computer science to be able to develop sensornet applications that will help in the advancement of science. I am also interested in embedded systems, programming languages, object-oriented systems, and design patterns.
I received an NSF CAREER award in 2008.
Spring 2014 Courses
A Case Study in Verification of Embedded Network Software.
Kalyan Regula, Heather Harton, Hampton Smith, Jason Hallstrom, Murali Sitaraman and Nigamanth Sridhar.
Proceedings of the Fourth NASA Formal Methods Symposium (NFM 2012). April 3--5, 2012. Norfolk, VA, USA.
Utilization of a Wrist-Mounted Accelerometer to Count Movement Repetitions.
Sriram Sanka, Prashanth G. Reddy, Amber Alt, Ann Reinthal, and Nigamanth Sridhar.
Proceedings of the COMSNETS Workshop on Networked Healthcare Technology (NetHealth) 2012. January 3, 2012. Bangalore, India.
Stackless Preemptive Multithreading for TinyOS.
William P. McCartney and Nigamanth Sridhar.
Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS'11). June 27-29. Barcelona, Spain.
A Mobility Management Framework for Optimizing the Trajectory of a Mobile Base-Station.
Madhu M. Mudigonda, Trisul Kanipakam, Adam M. Dutko, Manohar Bathula, Nigamanth Sridhar, Srini Seetharaman, and Jason O. Hallstrom.
Proceedings of the 8th European Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks (EWSN'11). February 23-25, Bonn, Germany.
Lakon: A Middle-Ground Approach to High-Frequency Data Acquisition and In-network Processing in Sensor Networks.
Prashanth G. Reddy and Nigamanth Sridhar.
Proceedings of the 9th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN SPOTS'10). April 12-16, Stockholm, Sweden.
SFS3: A Simulation Framework for Self-Stabilizing Systems.
Sally K. Wahba, Jason O. Hallstrom, Pradip K. Srimani, and Nigamanth Sridhar.
Proceedings of the 43rd Annual Simulation Symposium (ANSS'10). April 11-15, Orlando, FL, USA.
A Sensor Network System for Measuring Traffic in Short-Term Construction Work Zones.
Manohar Bathula, Mehrdad Ramezanali, Ishu Pradhan, Nilesh Pa
tel, Joe Gotschall, Nigamanth Sridhar.
Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS '09). June 8--10, 2009. Marina Del Rey, CA, USA.
- Adam Dutko (D.Eng.)
- Gaurav Konchady (MSSE)
- Greg Glazer (MSEE)
- Thomas Mis (MSSE)
- John Rosick (MSSE)
- Dhvanish Chokshi (MSEE, Dec 2005)
- Madhu Mudigonda (MSEE, May 2007)
- Sarthak Grover (MSSE, Aug 2007)
- Hamza Zia (MSEE, Dec 2007)
- Dheeraj Bheemidi (MSEE, Dec 2008)
- Manohar Bathula (MSEE, Dec 2008)
- Irenee Magdalla (MSSE, May 2010)
- Arpit Agarwal (B.E. Computer Science at BITS, Pilani; Summer research: 2010)
- Sharmila Kollipara (MSEE, Dec 2010)
- William P. McCartney (MSEE, May 2006; D.Eng., May 2011)
- Adam M. Dutko (MSSE, Aug 2011, continuing on as D.Eng. student)
- Prashanth G. Reddy (MSEE, Aug 2011)
Courses taught in the past
- ESC 120 - Introduction to Engineering (Computer and Software Engineering) (Fall 2009, Fall 2010, Fall 2012)
- EEC 521 - Software Engineering (Fall 2004, Fall 2005, Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2007, Fall 2008, Fall 2009, Fall 2010, Fall 2012)
- EEC 522 - Software Systems Modeling (Spring 2006, Spring 2007)
- EEC 625 - Software Design & Architecture (Spring 2006)
- EEC 693 - Wireless Sensor Networks (Fall 2005, Fall 2006, Fall 2007, Fall 2008, Fall 2009)
- EEC 693 - Software Design (Spring 2005)
- EEC 693 - Mobile Application Development (Fall 2010, Fall 2012)
CSU MS Thesis LaTeX style
If you are preparing your thesis in LaTeX for submission to the Graduate School at CSU, you can use this as a template: Thesis-Sample.tgz.
If you would like to work with me on research projects, please come and see me about any ideas you may have. You could also choose to work on one of the projects that I have.
Office: Stilwell Hall, Room 435
Phone: +1 216 687 5341
Fax: +1 216 687 5405
Email: n (dot) sridhar 1 (at) csuohio (dot) edu